Monday 12 October 2015

Visual Design: Futuristic Weapons

Futuristic Weapons



Here is the culmination of my visual research into weapons of all sorts, both real (located towards the top) and fictional from numerous games and movies. Its interesting to see that there are so many creative variations on weapon design, this mood board barely scratching the surface. All of that design from a very simple structure.



Here I began sketching a few ideas in my sketchbook, getting down some rough shapes and designs.



This Particular brainstorm came from looking at weapons from sources such as star wars. weapons that were sci-fi, but had a worn, old look to them, using old components of real weapons.


This was just some rough experiments with different sized weapons.


Here I sketched out some designs i liked and rendered them in pen and markers, with a running design across all of them.





I then decided to start creating silhouettes in Photoshop, as a means of getting some sharper, defined weapon shapes, as shown with these 4 designs.
I added grey tones to show off small details and shape all around the weapons.




Finally, I added colour on top off the weapons, along with some patterned design.







No comments:

Post a Comment